The mission of Ramona Community School Montessori Program is to:
- Provide children a Montessori education which is sustained by the partnership between administration, staff and parents.
- Develop the intellectual, physical, and social well being of the child through creative, individualized educational experiences.
- We believe in the dignity of the individual. Therefore, we encourage and expect responsible, respectful attitudes and behavior.
- We believe the administration, staff, parents and children work in collaboration to create a positive, affirming environment.
- We believe that learning is a lifelong endeavor, which is enjoyable, satisfying and challenging.
- We believe all children can learn. We applaud and build on the unique talents of our students and promote teamwork.
- We recognize that knowledge, motivation, creativity and the skills to access information and apply knowledge are essential to problem solving and learning.
- We encourage the exploration and understanding of diversity, including cultures, languages, literature, and educational approaches.
- We teach and encourage children to communicate effectively in social and intellectual arenas.
- We encourage attitudes of respect and appreciation of America. We value the wise, and productive use of its natural resources.
- Meet Montessori and District adopted standards in language arts, math, science, and social science.
- Provide well-defined, integrated technology, physical education, and visual and performing arts programs.
- Teach traditional American values: concepts of national identity, patriotism, and civic duty.
- Explore the feasibility of providing a second language opportunity.
- Improve attitudes of respect towards self and others.
- Develop student problem solving and decision making skills.
- Develop student abilities for cooperative work.
- Bridge interactions of children between programs to foster positive school climate.
- Educate the community about R.C.S.: a unique, public, Montessori school.
- Encourage a high level of partnership between administration, staff, and parents.
- Encourage a high level of involvement of families in school activities, including parent education.
- Improve and expand facilities for all levels and portions of our school.
- Explore the feasibility of expanding the program to include options for preschool children.